***This blog has moved***

***This blog has moved***
Please click image to be redirected. Thank you!

Posted on my new blog -- Almota Roses Photography

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Pleasant Surprise

This is what comes of having a hideously disorganized garage. No, I'm not going to show you our messy garage. That would be too embarrassing. We do have somewhat of an excuse for the mess as the garage has served as the dumping ground for all things out of the entryway and bathroom while we are doing some remodeling.

This is also what comes from another pleasant surprise we had last year--baby Winona. You see, I did a very poor job of gardening last year. I got seeds started and seedlings planted around bouts of morning sickness and fatigue. But as I got bigger, less and less was done to maintain the gardens, and as fall came I did no (that's right --N--O) garden preparations for winter. Need-less-to-say, I have a lot to do this spring.
So what's the pleasant surprise? This!
~
This is what I found stuffed away in the garage last weekend while we were looking for a net to catch some of the goldfish out of the stock tank. (That's a whole different story). I usually force some bulbs over winter to have some early color inside when everything is cold and gray outside. Somehow I just didn't get any started last fall. These were some hyacinths I forced last year and never got planted in the ground last fall. Here they are, getting ready to grow again. Supposedly forcing bulbs two years in a row doesn't work very good, so we'll see how these do. But I am tickled non-the-less, and hoping for some lovely smelling blooms in a few weeks!

PS--Here's a picture of our other lovely surprise!

1 comment:

the herd said...

Hey, Wendy! A BLOG! That's great! Thanks for your comment. I love the second surprise more!