Please humor me while I do a little bragging. I ALSO won a few ribbons at the fair. I was VERY surprised and thrilled and humbled. (Lavender ribbons are "Best of Show" and green ribbons are "Award of Merit")
And this little "Fair-E-Tail" princess DID win the "Best of Show" for the Fair Theme category. Isn't she cute (if I do say so myself)?
AND, my bread (that I make weekly) won First Place in the wheat bread category -- which means I was declared the "Wheat Baking Queen". Hmmm..... I don't know about the queen part-- queen bee maybe, but wheat queen? Sounds like I should ride on a float gowned in a dazzling dress made of wheat and armed with a rolling pin and my handy kitchen aid mixer. (He he.) Thank you, thank you very much. (We have a relatively small fair -- it's not like there were hundreds of entries, but still I am pleased). OK-- I will stop bragging now.There were so many beautiful entries in the photography section and quilt section. I wish I had more time to stop and study each display. Next year I plan on entering more sewn items. And no, I didn't enter any flowers. Entering flowers takes a lot of time, which I was running short on this year. Besides, I didn't want to win ALL the ribbons! (wink wink)











2 comments:
Congrats! You are one talented lady. :-) Can't wait to talk to you all sometime once things "settle down"and you all recover from the fair.
Brag away! Those photos are all awesome! And the picture of the bread is making me hungry... I can't wait until Saturday.
Post a Comment