***This blog has moved***

***This blog has moved***
Please click image to be redirected. Thank you!

Posted on my new blog -- Almota Roses Photography

Monday, February 1, 2010

The Secret is in the Sauce

While Daddy and two big brothers were away,
the two little ones and I made cupcakes.

Walter and Winona have been playing musical chairs
--each thinks the other's chair is better.

When Daddy got back home, he was kind enough to lend his fingers.

I couldn't decide which picture I liked best,
so you have to look at both.

Yes, I ate some.....3 to be exact
(no-- not all at once!!! what do you think i am?!!!!)
.....they were delicious......scrumptious
....the secret is in the sauce.

......... applesauce that is. I used a plain white cake mix, and then substituted applesauce for the oil straight across. The applesauce made the cupcakes so moist, and as an added bonus cut out about 750 calories from the cupcake mix.

No, I didn't make lowfat icing.
That would be just sad and wrong.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sure beats the sauce they used in Fried Green Tomatoes!

Betina said...

I like the second one of Nona best. No, the first. No, the second.

Hmmmm.

I see what you mean.