***This blog has moved***

***This blog has moved***
Please click image to be redirected. Thank you!

Posted on my new blog -- Almota Roses Photography

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Fire or Water?

This seems to be the question we are asked by other parents of toddlers on the burn floor. So far two couples just stopped by our room and introduced themselves and told us their stories in the past day. It is sad, but comforting to know other people understand.


Walter had a relatively good night last night. He slept pretty well without too much medication. Last evening he was taken to surgery for escherotomy on either side of his right lower leg to relieve the pressure of the band of dead skin around his calf. His foot was starting to swell and turn bluish before the procedure and now it is pink, warm, and less swollen.

Winona got kicked out of the hospital, silly girl (hospital policy that was just today enforced). So since I am still exclusively breastfeeding, I have to head home and try to play a little catch up until Thursday evening when we (with Reid and Wyatt) head back for the weekend. Walter's skin graft is scheduled for Friday morning. We will try to get Winona to take a bottle, and I will bring back the pump--just like an ol' milk cow--so I can still spend some nights with Walter.

I took some pictures of his leg today during his wound cleaning so I will post them maybe tomorrow. Don't look if your are too squeamish. I think it is not too bad considering. Thanks again for all the kind thoughts and prayers.

6 comments:

the herd said...

Thanks for the updates. The kids all came home from school with Walter news. They are so concerned. We will keep our prayers alive!
Best of luck with the bottle. We've been even praying for little Winona.

Betina said...

We're still worried about you guys.

I will bring dinner tomorrow.

God Speed.

Grandma Pat said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you all. I only wish I were closer to help in some practical way right now. I'm in CA with Kelly, the baby is due on the 7th.
I know Walter is getting the best of care where he is, that his little body is going to fight and heal and grow, and that he's got a wonderful mommy and daddy to help him in every way.
Thank-you for taking the time to update this blog (Jenny sent me the link for Winona and Sadie's pics) We love you and will be praying for you all.
Pat and Lysle

Anonymous said...

Wendy,
I just read the news. We feel so terribly bad for Walter. Please let us know if there's anything we can do to help -- anything. You will all be in our prayers.
Steve and Paula (657-3359)

suziebabyzsazsa said...

Wendy,

Emma and Reid were on the same soccer team this year and I have been at some of the same craft fairs as you. I just wanted to let you know that our family is praying for Walter's quick and full recovery and for your family as well. I hope you will all be blessed with comfort during this difficult time.

Susan Martin

Wendy said...

Betina,
Super was wonderful, Thanks! I will make sure Walter gets Eden's gift.