
When Walter first arrived in the ER at Harborview he was given a small quilt. It has a nice fun print for a little boy. Besides his binkies, E-rex pajamas, and his orange Jesus blanket, this quilt has been one of his security items. He sleeps with it and likes for it to go along for wagons rides.
The quilt was made by an organization called "Project Linus". Maybe you have already heard of them, but I hadn't. You can read about their organization by clicking here. When things in our life have calmed down a bit, I want to make some quilts for Project Linus. I would love to make another little boy or girl feel secure in a strange and scary place.

Just a quick update on Walter--we are still scheduled to go home tomorrow. We may have a few rocky days to begin with as far as dressing changes and walking go, but I think it will be good for all of us to be home together and facing our challenges together. Walter has be really goofy today (except for about an hour this morning that included walking, bathing, and dressing changes). He has been smiling at anyone that will look at him. I think he shocked some of the nurses. They are so used to his grumpy face they didn't realize he had a smile, too.
Sorry, just can't get enough of these two snuggling together--makes me happy.
2 comments:
I love the Project Linus idea. I'd like to make some blankets to donate sometime this spring, too!
Post a Comment