Posted on my new blog -- Almota Roses Photography
Thursday, March 5, 2009
Sx scheduled for Friday Morning
Real quick as I try to get out the door headed for Seattle. The surgery is scheduled for tomorrow morning. I am not sure what time yet. They are planning on using a synthetic skin this time around . From what I understand, it is made from shark cartilage. If it takes well, it will make his final graft (from his own skin) look and work so much better. This is what the surgeons think will be best. Please keep Walter in your prayers tomorrow. I am already so nervous I can hardly keep the tears in check. (Note to self: KEEP IT TOGETHER!!!! Your boys need you to be strong.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wendy - First, hang in there! Second, Walter looks great! My name is Sheri Hatley and I work in the County Extension office in Colfax. I heard about Walter today and am praying for your family. He loo My son Will was in a burn accident when he was 3 yrs. old. His 3rd degree burns were on his back. We were at Sacred Heart for a month - I'll never forget when he took his first steps after the accident on Mother's Day. He had 2 skin graft surgeries taken from the back of his thighs and little bottom. My now 17 yr. CHS junior is doing fantastic. Never once did he let those burn scars slow him down or drag him down. A shirts & skins basketball game never bothered him. When he was 10 yrs. old he was to have plastic surgery to minimize the scars on his back. Instead he told me "Mom, I don't want the surgery-I am who I am and if someone doesn't like me because of my scars that's too bad for them." I knew that day I never had to worry about my little fighter again(except with algebra). Tarri Steiger can attest to Will's go-get-'em personality. I believe his desire comes from that experience. I also have 3 boys and 1 girl with my daughter being the caboose too. I will continue to pray for Walter and your family as well as his medical staff. I also pray for Walter's strength and patience. Feel free to contact me at 509-991-7118 or sherihatley@aol.com
We are praying for Walter and the surgery today! It is routine in our prayers now. We prayed for Winona so to see her being able to be with you is a real prayer come true! This is wonderful! His poor little leg! Please let the Hymas' help anyway we can. I promise to watch them like a mother HAWK! Do you have plenty of movies?
Your the talk of the town! Everyone is praying for your family!
Thank you for all the updates!
Love,
Beth
Shari, thanks for your comment. I will have to talk to you to see how your little am man made it through (now big man). I am encouraged.
Beth, thanks for the prayers. I will let you know if there is any way you can help. My Wyatt adores your boys.
Post a Comment