Forgive me while I rant. If you pay any attention at all to popular media, I am sure you already have heard about the Miss USA contest and how it went down over the weekend. My personal beliefs aside, why is it that a contestant cannot have her own personal political and religious beliefs? Why should she not answer "correctly"--as in honestly-- instead of watering down her beliefs just so as not to offend (or to get herself the crown). What has our nation come to? It seems like the majority has to walk on eggshells not to offend the minority. Why do we have to be all-inclusive?
Perez Hilton, one of the judges said, “I would have appreciated it had she left her politics and her religion out, because Miss USA represents all Americans.” What-the-heck? He was the one that asked her the political question!!! Did he want her to lie to make him feel better?
Read about it here -- The Almost Miss USA (click the link)
Posted on my new blog -- Almota Roses Photography
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Some people are plain crazy! Crazy, crazy!!
Post a Comment