***This blog has moved***

***This blog has moved***
Please click image to be redirected. Thank you!

Posted on my new blog -- Almota Roses Photography

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Awesome Weekend



There was a time when the word "awesome" was way overused. It used to drive me nuts to hear "awesome this" and "awesome that." So I cringe to use the word, but it so accurately describes our weekend, that I will use it this once. We had an AWESOME weekend--there, I said it. We didn't start out to have an awesome weekend, it just happened that way. The weather was awesome--sunny and warm--in the upper 70's. Awesomely enough, there were no veterinary emergencies. We went to church, visited friends, and relaxed on the back patio. Oh yeah, and we worked our little hineys off in between all the awesomeness.


Our chore list included (but was not limited to): ripping out the rest of the carpet on the main floor, hauling out the VERY heavy wood stove, tearing up the brick pad under the wood stove, building more fence, mowing the lawn, fertilizing the lawn, planting and watering flowers and vegetables, and cleaning up all our awesome messes (and they were awesome in a bad way).

I tell ya, I can't wait until that ugly brick wall is down, the floor is refinished, and we can enjoy our cozy living room sans wood stove dust. That will be awesome!