***This blog has moved***

***This blog has moved***
Please click image to be redirected. Thank you!

Posted on my new blog -- Almota Roses Photography

Monday, May 11, 2009

A Mother's Day



We had a very nice day yesterday. The sun was out, the breeze was warm and gentle, and there were no emergencies (animal or human). Breakfast was strawberry shortcake, simple and delicious. There were lovely handmade cards and presents. Reid had been making cards for 2 weeks. He wrapped the cards all individually, some wrapped in newspaper. Wyatt brought home the sweetest card from preschool which said, "I love you Mom for taking care of Walter."


The rest of the day was spent outside--swinging, climbing trees, planting, planting, and more planting. Randy made the structure for the raised strawberry bed and filled it with soil. I worked up the raised herb bed, amended it with more soil, and planted the annual herbs. I also planted dahlias, gladiolas, and other flowers in the surrounding beds. We ate lunch outside on the deck and then played and worked some more. Reid said he wished every day would be just like the day we had yesterday--warm, fun, and with Dad home. I couldn't agree more.


No comments: