
When we totally gutted out kitchen the winter I was pregnant with Walter, I spent a lot of time on the internet looking for just the right touches to make our kitchen look like a 1920's kitchen (with modern appliances). Well actually, the one thing that we put back in the kitchen after the floor was fixed, was the 1950 sink cabinet with double cast iron sinks--so I guess that is not period appropriate, but it still looks vintage. This sink cabinet had 1950's chrome pulls that had seen better days. So to make the sink cabinet look more like 1920's I bought reproduction red glass handles to replace the chrome pulls. The rest of the kitchen has black pulls and knobs on the shaker-style cupboards, but on this sink cabinet I used these pretty glass handles. They seem to make the kitchen just a little more special. After I installed the handles, I thought they were just perfect -- and I still do. However, I never thought they would be dual purpose.
Walter thinks they make great binky holders.
No comments:
Post a Comment