We welcome you summer with coughs and sniffles. We don't really care that you brought with you uninvited guests -- cool temperatures, rain, and wind. We didn't mind staying inside with the heater turned on (really, the heat on in the middle of June?). Our heads feel like blocks of cheese and our nasal exudate resembles overcooked oatmeal. We really don't care. We are too sick to care. Good thing we didn't have big plans for Father's Day. Just getting through the weekend was chore enough.
No, I'm not complaining, don't be impudent. Why would I complain? It's not like I have an aversion to being sick, no not me. I am not known for ranting and raving about fomites with legs (also known as snot-nosed kids) that are sent to school and church functions to spread around the good cheer. Maybe I should just send my kids to VBS this week and ignore that they would infect the rest of the local kids. No, not me.
So summer, maybe by the time you decide to join us for real, we will be feeling better. Until then, we will hibernate in our thankfully heated home wiping noses, popping ibuprofen for the fevers, and cozying up in blankets until the weather turns and our cold symptoms abate. (So sorry Daddy that you have to go to work.)
No, head colds don't make me crabby, not me.
Posted on my new blog -- Almota Roses Photography
Monday, June 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment