***This blog has moved***

***This blog has moved***
Please click image to be redirected. Thank you!

Posted on my new blog -- Almota Roses Photography

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Our New Old Floors

Here's why we spent last week camping, why we pulled up the 20 year old carpet, why we pulled out the old wood stove and fireplace, and why we purchased old maple gym floor for patching our floor off Craigslist (removed from a high school in Spokane). This beautiful maple floor was in nearly pristine condition -- no big holes or stains -- just gorgeous. All it took was a little patching where walls were taken out years ago and where the porch was enclosed, then a little sanding, buffing, and refinishing. Isn't she a beauty? I think I'll call her Mable -- what do you think? I love the warm color, the soft natural finish, and the bird's eye pattern scattered here and there.




PS-- I forgot to add that our floors were patched and refinished by a very nice young man named Jessie Glassman. His business is called Country Hardwoods ( he is out of Princeton, Idaho, his email: countryhardwoods@gmail.com) If he refinishes your floors you will not be disappointed -- impeccable attention to detail and reliable.