At 6:59 PM this evening, I will begin another year of life. Actually, that's 6:59 PM Michigan time, so I think that's 3:59 here. My parents were pretty young and they didn't have much when I came along. I'm not too sure they were planning on starting a family when I came along, but along I came anyway. I was so anxious to begin my trek here on terra firma that I came three weeks early. Actually, it was my Mom's fault -- she was out painting the skirting on our mobile home in the hot August sun when her water broke. (I find that terribly ironic considering I have done about everything to make my babies come -- from lumbering miles and miles, vigorously hoeing the garden, riding down bumpy dirt roads, eating spicy food, to much more intimate things -- with absolutely NO outcome -- literally). Anyway, so Mom's water broke and I was on my way. My Dad was at the garage getting the car fixed when my Mom called and he had to ask the mechanic to get the car down off the lift so he could take my Mom to the hospital! I have been diverting everyone's plans ever since. Isn't that the unwritten job of the first born? I have always maintained that my job was to "break in" my parents so that my brother could have an easier childhood. Just ask Reid -- he would agree.So, here's to another year of life! Another chance to love my husband and children, to walk with God, to love and honor my parents, to be a better friend, to enjoy my life just as it is. Because I DO have a GOOD life. I am blessed.
6 comments:
Happy Birthday! Not only did you come when my water broke but it was three weeks early!!
Happy Birthday, Wendy!
Happy Birthday Wendy! When I come to Pullman next time we should have a joint birthday party for ourselves, or go shopping together or something! I hope you have a fabulous day. Love ya,
Julie
Happy Birthday! Here I talked to you a couple times today and never realized. Hope you have a fabulous afternoon!
Happy Birthday! I hope the birthday trip to Home Depot was all you hoped and dreamed it would be.
Thank you for all the wonderful birthday wishes!
Post a Comment