The one (and maybe only) good thing about being awake at 4:30 AM is that you can get something done without many children under foot. Walter didn't sleep well last night. He was running a fever yesterday, so he went to bed early. Then he woke up at 4AM. Ugh. I am not feeling well either. I guess everyone except Randy (who was sick last weekend), has a cough, fatigue, and mid-grade fever. I wonder if it's H1N1? I guess I assume it is since we have so much of it going around. Who knows?Anyway, so at 5AM, I propped my eyes open, poured a cup of coffee, and started texturing the new walls. I got about half of it done. You can see the wet and dry joint compound on the wall above. After I get done (hopefully later today) then I just have to prime and paint. The finishing touches will be stained wooden pillars between the dining and living room (over the 2x4s you see both above and below), dark stained trim and crown molding, and bookcases and mantel around the fireplace. The fireplace will be surrounded by some of the left-over soapstone we used for the counter tops in the kitchen three years ago. When, you say? Maybe in time to decorate for the holidays. I can't wait. Now for a nap......
3 comments:
Wow, it looks really good Wendy. I can't wait to see the finished product!
Awesome!!! The end is in sight!
what a difference! i like what i'm seeing.
mol
Post a Comment