***This blog has moved***

***This blog has moved***
Please click image to be redirected. Thank you!

Posted on my new blog -- Almota Roses Photography

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Walter Boy

I haven't posted specifically about Walter in a LONG time. I took these pictures a couple of weeks ago -- before all the rain and cold and wind brought the tons of leaves that grow on our ancient poplar trees to the ground overnight. Seriously. Randy worked very hard all weekend raking and raking wet, heavy leaves and loading them into the trailer to compost out behind the barn. Reid and Wyatt helped him on Sunday when they were feeling better. Walter, Winona, and I watched from the windows as we wallowed in our agony. I think last night was the turning point, and we are all on the downhill side now. Nona girl was up on the hour EVERY hour last night. I had to inform her that once the ol' milk spigots get turned down, they can't just turn up production on demand. Ouch. Walter was up at 2AM wanting to go downstairs. Although I didn't get very good sleep, I feel so much better than yesterday that I am not complaining.

Back to Walter. He has been doing wonderfully -- being a normal 3-year-old. He loves tractors, big trucks, trains, airplanes, helicopters -- you know, the normal boy stuff. He hugs his little sister, wrestles with his big brothers, and has the occasional rip-roaring, on the floor, kicking and screaming fit -- you know, the normal 3-year-old stuff.

He has a great sense of humor, just like his Daddy. I have always thought that Walter is smack-dab in the middle between Reid and Wyatt as far as temperament, behavior, and tenacity. It is hard to describe. I suppose it is something that a mother discerns easily, but others may not be so keen to discern. Luckily, he seems to be developmentally right on target, even though he could have easily been a little behind.

I am asked frequently how Walter is doing.
He is doing great, thanks for asking.

3 comments:

the herd said...

I'm glad Walter is fine! What a sweet boy he is! I love all the posts, Wendy. It's always fun to catch up on your life!

Book Lover said...

Love the cute photos of Walter. I see you got the straightening iron from your new photo of you! I like your hair straightened, it looks really nice!!

Wendy said...

Hey Julie--actually I just got my haircut last night and I told Randy that my hair would never look that good again (I have an iron but I cannot get it that straight) -- so he better take a picture. He had fun, but I really prefer to be on the other side of the camera! Thanks.