***This blog has moved***

***This blog has moved***
Please click image to be redirected. Thank you!

Posted on my new blog -- Almota Roses Photography

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving Decor

Yesterday, I spent most of the day decorating and cleaning in preparation for Thanksgiving and the family that will be here to share our day. I have not had any decorations of ANY sort out since we began our living/dining room remodel -- that is unless you count thick dust, paint cans, ladders, sheet rock, and 2 X 4's. So it was rather refreshing to put some of my pretty things out, even if it is only for a week or so before the Christmas decorations are put out. Here is my buffet done in shades of white and brown. It is simple, but pretty.

The antler adds an element of surprise....

....the crystal butterfly too.

From another angle. We didn't even have the mirror hung until a couple of days ago. Randy made the frame for the mirror about 4 years ago -- the mirror was from a dumpy old dresser that was left in the barn when we moved here. I added the gold paint and dry-brushed details just last weekend.

A little cherub stopping by to wish us a beautiful day.

Oh, and here are the other decorations on the floor. He he.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
I hope you have many things to be thankful for.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Beautiful!

Blessings-
Amanda

Wendy said...

Sandra, not sure what happened to your comment! It disappeared into blogland!