Another digi scrapbook page. With the long winter evenings (and days spent home on vacation), the boys have been playing lots of games. On this particular occasion, poor Wyatt kept landing on the same square and riding the same chute back down to near the beginning of the game. I think he hit that square 4 times in a row. He was a good sport about it, but I felt REALLY bad for him. Isn't it hard to see one of your kids being disappointed over and over again? Even in this small instance, I felt the urge to let him skip on ahead, but I restrained myself. I hope in the long run, learning to "take your lumps" is a good thing.
Posted on my new blog -- Almota Roses Photography
Thursday, December 3, 2009
Chutes and Ladders
Another digi scrapbook page. With the long winter evenings (and days spent home on vacation), the boys have been playing lots of games. On this particular occasion, poor Wyatt kept landing on the same square and riding the same chute back down to near the beginning of the game. I think he hit that square 4 times in a row. He was a good sport about it, but I felt REALLY bad for him. Isn't it hard to see one of your kids being disappointed over and over again? Even in this small instance, I felt the urge to let him skip on ahead, but I restrained myself. I hope in the long run, learning to "take your lumps" is a good thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment