My dining room table (my sewing room is identical substituting paper for fabric). This is pretty much what the inside of my cranium looks like right now, too. A cluttered mess. I have an image in my cranium of what it should be........neat, uncluttered, organized, streamlined. (Have you noticed that I think in images? Most of my posts have an image to represent my thoughts.) Anyway, my cranium is currently stuffed full -- a disorganized mess. I mistakenly thought it would be less cluttered after Christmas. Where did that image come from? My wishful thinking I guess.As you can see, I've spent the past couple of days making Christmas cards. (Can I even call them that now -- now that Christmas is past?) The creating is something I enjoy. The time consumption is something I do NOT enjoy. I suppose when I have a few less things on my plate I can take the time to savor creating cards, but right now other menu items are crowding my creating portion.....laundry, sewing, cleaning up Christmas mess (still!), and keeping 4 stir-crazy kids happy.....errrr......from clawing each other's eyes out.
The above picture does not however, represent what my gastrointestinal tract looked like Christmas day. As I tell Wyatt when he shows me his teeth after brushing them -- my gut was "sparklin" (BIG emphasis on "spark"). Yep, I did it again. Actually Wyatt started it by puking all over himself at 4:30 on Christmas morning. But my gut wasn't happy by then too, so I can't really blame it on him entirely. No, I have no idea where we pick up such things. It's not like I go around licking bathroom door handles at the elementary school for cryin' out loud! I am a borderline hypochondriac--just ask Randy. I wash my hands and wash my hands. I hate the feeling left on my hands after handling money. I clean grocery cart handles. I hate to think of all the things the kids' hands touch..... So why oh why am I twice blessed? You know, most of these GI bugs are fecal/oral in transmission. Yuck.
So, the only good thing to say is that I will be entering the new year with my weight loss goal met. Not eating for two days has helped with that one. Not a bite of the special Christmas dinner passed my lips, and the past day my stomach has only wanted small portions. Once my back is feeling better, I should be able to keep it off. Fingers crossed. Now the only thing better would have been if my fecal excrement had been worth it's weight in gold. Let's see......gold opened at $1112/oz on the NY stock exchange .............. 4 lbs=64oz ............. that's $71, 168! I'd be a rich woman!
Guess my mind is in sad shape. I'll work on that.
2 comments:
I made a burn barrel today. I just started throwing things in. I can't stand the mess any more!
Is it weird that I see your table and get excited by all your fun papers and scissors and tools??? But I hear you... it would be nice to FEEL organized for once!
Blessings-
Amanda
Post a Comment