***This blog has moved***

***This blog has moved***
Please click image to be redirected. Thank you!

Posted on my new blog -- Almota Roses Photography

Monday, January 25, 2010

Blogiversary


It's hard to believe that I have pecking away at my computer keyboard for 1 year now, pecking out my thoughts one word at a time. There are days I love sharing my thoughts with you, days I feel rather stingy and keep my thoughts to myself, and unfortunately there are days I *should* keep my thoughts to myself but don't.

But that's what blogging is all about, right? Not to regurgitate the thoughts inside my cranium in a stream of consciousness, but to draw the tangle of thoughts out one by one through the cloth of relevance to create the tapestry of who I am. I strive to show you only the front of the work -- the purposefully placed stitches -- not because I am trying to be dishonest, but because that is who I am most of the time. Occasionally I let you get a glimpse of the backside -- the knots, the cross-stitches, the mess of strings -- that too is who I am only I like to keep that side hidden ;). Poor Randy, he sees the knotty side more than he wants (knotty not naughty ;).

It's kind of funny how a thing I had never heard about two years ago, can be such a part of my life now. I love blogging, just in case you didn't know. I love sharing the pretty things in my life -- the flowers, animals, sewing, children, flowers, and more children. I have learned a tremendous amount about photography and photo editing in the past year. My poor hard-drive could tell you all about it. I have no aspirations of doing photography for a fee, but just to improve my technique and document our lives for posterity. (Having most of my family pictures in digital format will make it easier for the kids to throw them away when we kick the bucket. I can hear it now, "Remember how Mom had that camera of hers in our face all the time?.......") Seriously though, I do love the beauty of photographs showing life captured in moments of time. I do have MANY moments.

So in short -- thank you for being a part of my tapestry. Each time you leave a comment adds another stitch in this little life of mine. And even if you don't want to be on the front side of the tapestry, feel free to join me via email on the backside anytime!

6 comments:

*Suzy* said...

Happy Bloggiversary!

I sure do enjoy your blog, your thoughts, creativity, pictures of the kids and so much more.

Cheers to another year of blogging!

Unknown said...

How else would I know what's going on? How else would I get to "see" my four favorite red-headed grandchildren? And, how else would I get to know my own daughter as a friend - instead of a daughter? Thank you so much, I look forward to your blogs (as you already know) every day!!!

Carol Larsen said...

Your blog is the sunshine on a cloudy day!!! Great job!! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Beautifully stated!

Book Lover said...

Happy Blogiversary! I've enjoyed your blog so much! I feel like I have been able to stay close to you even though we moved far away.

Wendy said...

Thank you everyone for your encouragement and kind comments! I love adding to the beauty in your life.