***This blog has moved***

***This blog has moved***
Please click image to be redirected. Thank you!

Posted on my new blog -- Almota Roses Photography

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Keeping it Real

So........I cleaned out under the sectional on Monday......amazing, eh?
I'd like to pretend it had been months since this chore was last done,
but sadly, no -- only about a week.

I'm really not surprised to find MANY toys under the sectional,
since the room doubles (actually triples) as a toy room, TV room, and office.
But I am always amazed at the variety of food items.

This is the first time I have found a can of mushroom soup, though. Funny thing, right after I took the pictures, Nona jumped down off the sectional and picked up as many chocolate malt balls as her little hands could hold.
(OK, if you MUST know, I picked up the rest......and ate them.)

Just keeping it real.

On a side note, knock on wood---we are doing good with the "eating what's prepared" thing. After Walter finished ALL of his lunch yesterday (only snack all morning long was chocolate soymilk), he proudly proclaimed, "I did it!"

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'd like to know how the vegetable steamer got under there, must be pretty tall legs on it!

Betina said...

Cleaning out from under the sectional will only improve the 'eating what's prepared' goal. There will be no more secret stashes of cheetos and choc malt balls to snack on.

suziebabyzsazsa said...

Wendy,

One thing that works for me with the snacking is that we have no snack food in the house. Snacks can only consist of something that could be considered part of a meal. Some of my kids favorite "snacks" are carrots, apples & cheese, tomatoes, olives, cucumbers, tortillas with cheese and pepperoni, frozen corn, & smoothies. I don't allow snacking too close to dinner, and they have to get it themselves.

I hope you don't mind me sharing, I always love to hear what works for other mom's.

Susan