***This blog has moved***

***This blog has moved***
Please click image to be redirected. Thank you!

Posted on my new blog -- Almota Roses Photography

Thursday, February 25, 2010

For Each New Morning....

Today I am feeling thankful. I don't know why I have such a thankful heart -- because the tax preparation olympics have begun, and as I experience the agony of defeat against the blasted accounting program, I am usually in a notably foul mood.
For this heart of thankfulness -- I am thankful.

Thankful for this old dog of mine, who may be experiencing some of her last days on this earth. Dear Maggie, keep fighting -- spring is coming -- your favorite time of the year.

Thankful for Reid who is growing into such a sensitive and kind big brother -- you are a wonderful helper and son. Thankful for Walter, my little monkey, who just happens to LOVE bananas and who just happens to tell me on an almost hourly basis,
"I wuv you, Mom."

I am thankful for the sun coming up earlier in the morning
-- it makes such a difference in my morning mood and energy.

Thankful for Wyatt who has an especially compassionate heart for his little sister. He is always scheming up ways to make life lively and fun (and he also just happens to be so ready for kindergarten-- I am proud of you!)

Thankful for this little girl who loves to talk on the phone (already!) and loves to pomade her hair with syrup. Syrup does a great job of defining curls or matting curls depending on the moment.

Thankful for this black cat who likes to sit in the kitchen window and bask in the sun as he longingly looks inside (sorry Grizz but I cannot abide cat spray in the house)

Thankful for a husband, father, hard-working man that loves his children (young and old-er) -- and loves his wife even when she is in a foultaxpreparationmood.

And last, but definitely not least -- my Winter Jasmine that is just beginning to bloom.
A real treat this time of year.

It really helps me to think of the many things for which I have to be thankful. So, on Thursdays I will be occasionally posting things I am thankful for. This poem about sums it up:

For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food, for love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am thankful for this post because it has been an extremely long day for me and this post made me feel a little better. Thank you.

Book Lover said...

Such good pictures, I love the one of Maggie...

Book Lover said...

Oh, and I am thankful for you, my friend! Thank you for making think about being thankful, and not the dreary parts of my day.