Each spring, I am enthralled by the grace and beauty of the alliums growing in my front flower beds. It amazes me that such a beautiful flower emerges from a non-descript bud atop a leggy stem. It has been raining all week, and the drops of rain hanging from the florets, like glowing pearls, beckoned me from the kitchen window. I grabbed my favorite lens (my macro of course!) and headed outside one evening -- just as the wind was settling down. About 200 pictures later, with wet knees and bottom from stabilizing myself on the ground, I was able to find a half dozen keepers.
When I was editing this photo -- the word "bling"came to mind.The alliums bedecked in their finest....

I could never get a good shot any closer than this.... they were all blurred.Just the tiniest puff of wind messes with my macro.
{wind, wind, go away, come again another day}

Psssst...... look at my right side bar........
I am extremely honored (and tickled *yellow*) that my photo entry won in the {I ♥ Faces contest this week}! Woo-hoo!
Thank you, thank you! There were SO many beautiful photos entered......
I am extremely honored (and tickled *yellow*) that my photo entry won in the {I ♥ Faces contest this week}! Woo-hoo!
Thank you, thank you! There were SO many beautiful photos entered......

4 comments:
Congratulations on your win, Wendy! You are so deserving of recognition for your supreme photography!
I love these photos ... the top one so looks like the flower head is jeweled with diamonds amid each center stamen! All of the images a re just lovely! My allium have not yet bloomed ... but indeed, they are a curious plant. Such a large cluster puff of flowers on a long stem. Truly magnificent!
By the way, you are welcome any time for a tour of the garden ... perhaps when it is producing and looking lush and lovely ... we can then snack our way through! :))
Congratulations on winning! I have to say that your photography is breathtaking. I mean, it's an ultimate favorite of mine. When I visit your blog I leave feeling happy. It's just gorgeous. I'm being serious...I rarely gush in people's comment boxes.
Thank you for sharing your gift.
Congratulations! Your ART is ALWAYS so lovely to look at.
...
Thanks to you know the name of this beautiful flower, and when we move I intend on have at least a dozen of them in my garden. Breathtaking photography my dear!
Congratulations! You are very talented. Your photo's are absolutely beautiful.
smiles :)
Wendy
Post a Comment