***This blog has moved***

***This blog has moved***
Please click image to be redirected. Thank you!

Posted on my new blog -- Almota Roses Photography

Friday, May 21, 2010

A little Maternal bragging.......

Time for a little digi-scrapbook goodness, maternal bragging, life documentation
.... whatever you want to call it.....


A few weeks ago, Wyatt performed in a school musical followed by preschool graduation.
He was just a tiny bit excited..... can you tell?
The preschool boys were weeds and the preschool girls were flowers.....
As we were weeding the garden last weekend Wyatt kept asking me, "Are all weeds boys, and all flowers girls?"
I think he may have taken the musical part too literally. I'm sure he'll get it straightened out sooner or later (after I explain it to him about 14,765 times)...
Anyway, he did a really good job and had a REALLY good time!


This brought tears to my eyes ....thinking about how far he's come since his leg was burned.....
... you wouldn't even know by looking at him ....
.... dancing with his shadow in the back of the gym during Wyatt's musical......
(I could hardly watch him for fear of breaking down altogether)

Next bit of bragging..... here is Reid (and the 1st grade class) at the spring concert earlier this week.
Reid was very nervous..... he's the kind of kid that likes to plan ahead, and in this case his planning ahead was worrying about being on stage.....
(Gee, I wonder where that came from, mama?)
He even had to worry for the kid in his class that had a speaking part, "Mom, I hope he does OK."
(Reid, Reid, Reid, life is too short for such worrying -- ask me how I know....)

They sang, "You are My Sunshine", "The Crocodile", and "ABC Rock".

I love this photo -- I just wish it had been Reid's face vignetted while all the others were moving....
....Oh well, better luck next time.

Here's hoping YOU have a WONDERFUL weekend!!!!
(and that I shake this head cold..... I am SO dragging)

4 comments:

Alita said...

Congrats to your little men and their new transitions! The photos are amazing and I'm sure the memories will last a lifetime.

patty said...

these looked like such fun events, and i love the phtoo of your little one dancing w his shadow... too sweet! i love the treatment of the photo, too.... how'd you do that?!

Unknown said...

You will someday look back on these pictures of your little ones and tears will flow. At least mine does from time to time when I look at my children all grown and with families of their own. Time speeds past too quickly and our little ones are adults in the blink of an eye. Now my grandchildren are reaching that point where they will too soon be young adults. There has to be a way to slow time just a bit. Enjoy your little ones.

Anonymous said...

Please tell Reid that Steve and I wish him a hardy congratulations on a year well done! My, how he, and all our your wee chicks, are growing ...

Wendy, love the photo of Winona is her little green dress, just strollen' along doing her thing! Too darn cute for words! That picture should so be in a book... or something! :)))