Have you ever had a dream ... a waking dream about the perfect capture?I seem to have these sorts of dreams frequently.
I had a dream....a dream of the perfect capture...
a capture of "A River Runs Through It" proportions...
not of capturing the perfect fish...
but of capturing the "capturer" in the perfect pose.
I had a dream of the fly-fisherman standing alone in a river, the fishing line glinting in the sun as it arched through the air... the mists rising from the river... maybe even throw in a trout jumping from the surface to catch the fly humming over the water.I know it was a big order, and truthfully, I was too chicken to brave the slippery rocks and rushing river for fear of falling in, my whole kit and kaboodle. I need to think on this some more, so that next time we go camping with friends, I will have better ideas of how to achieve my dream.
(thanks so much Saker for humoring me.... and for taking the boys fishing so much!)
I did enjoy taking photos in the deep forest... the lush green and dappled shade playing off the leaves.
I also got up at the crack of dawn and walked and waited for the sun to come over the surrounding mountains for another "perfect capture", but unfortunately by the time that happened, the sun angle was too high for nice contrast. Oh well.... it was nice to have some time to enjoy the silence.(Thanks Saker and Lucinda, we had a wonderful time camping with you, and we missed Job and Julie.....maybe next time?)
4 comments:
Lovely, Wendy. I am enamored with your montage of forest greens! Magnificent! How I adore ferns!! I miss them so very much ... they enchant the forest, do they not???
Yes. Yes I've had those dreams. It is insane that I even dream about photography. But to be honest, I love it.
The first shot is magical and the last shot should be framed. Have you ever thought about selling your work?
Fabulous photos. Looks like a great time!
Have a great weekend!
Really like that sun streaming over the water - so beautiful -
Can you share the location?
What a wonderful place!
Post a Comment