Is today the day?It might be....
just maybe....
the day Luna has her baby!
She's due any time now...
she's acting very uncomfortable...
hanging out in the corner of the pasture all by herself...
pretending everything is normal...
that her insides aren't squeezing and twisting and hurting.
She pretends to eat, and then looks around questioning...
wondering...
Does she remember this from last year?
I wonder....
Maybe it's just the hot and humid day that is making her feel bad.
Poor Luna...
Only time will tell...

4 comments:
Which one is Luna, Wendy? (Is that a totally city-slickerish of me?)
And I just wanted to say your previous post was so touching and I can totally relate to trying to do everything right with the kids and feeling...things spiral sometimes. And stunning photos, too!
Traci-- Luna is the white one. She was Reid's first bottle calf for the fair. She is a BIG and sometimes ANNOYING pet! No baby yet....
Thanks for your kind words!
Poor Luna ... though I do look forward to calf pictures! I have always thought cattle to be a bit like elephants ... the way they congregate together and commiserate each others pain. Most people do not give them the credit they so richly deserve, for they truly are intelligent creatures.
ah such cute photos - Once a woman has a child her body never forgets - and I'm sure it will be the same for Luna. I hope she delivers soon.
Post a Comment