***This blog has moved***

***This blog has moved***
Please click image to be redirected. Thank you!

Posted on my new blog -- Almota Roses Photography

Monday, August 2, 2010

Birth of Bull's Eye the Calf



Here is a short (30 sec) birth video of Bull's Eye. (I apologize for my poor videography skills!) Luna had been in active labor for a few hours, and down and pushing for about 15 minutes before he was born. I never tire of watching calves being born..... although I must admit, I am a nervous watcher.... torn between letting nature take its course and giving nature a little helping hand. But Luna was awesome... she needed no help. The boys were standing next to me watching.... as you can tell.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wendy, yesterday's post was marvelous! LOVED all the baby pictures! What a tender mom Luna is ... Sorry, I just can't watch the video!! I have spent a lifetime around animals, lived on a farm, worked at stables and at a veterinary clinic. I have never been able to watch the birth ... ( what is wrong with me???)
You amaze me! :)))

Traci said...

This was an incredible treat for the kids and I!! Daniella said " that looks tough"...um, yep. Nuff said! Your photos are wonderful too.
Thanks for sharing!!
Bulls Eye is very cute.

Molly said...

walter said it perfectly--awesome! :)