***This blog has moved***

***This blog has moved***
Please click image to be redirected. Thank you!

Posted on my new blog -- Almota Roses Photography

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Metamorphosis Uninterrupted

i watch the changes..... the metamorphosis unfolding before my eyes....

newborns to infants...
infants to toddlers...
toddlers to preschoolers...
preschoolers to kindergartners....
kindergartners to gradeschoolers....
their former shells hollow and abandoned for new skins...

and my heart aches with pleasure for the beauty i see...

...and aches with bittersweet sorrow for the changes i dare not interrupt...

...the metamorphosis necessary for wings...

grow, change, fly my little ones...
((((i love you))))
bittersweet metamorphosis uninterrupted

p.s. but please fly home now and again

Joining the fun at

Sweet Shot Day

and

tuesdays unwrapped at cats

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! You captured such amazing detail.

Anonymous said...

Beautifully captured images, each one!!!

Anonymous said...

stunning!

Sharon Cohen said...

I'm amazed by the images. I have not seen a cocoon or held an emerging butterfly in so many decades - I am too timid to admit. Your camera captured my inner child's remembrance of this miracle so well. You also nudged the poet that hides within me!

janineb said...

stunning. both visually and linguistically :) I am in awe.

CJ said...

Your pictures are always so stunning and breathtaking. So awesome.

Traci said...

The mighty Macro Queen strikes again! Fabulous parallels in your writing and your photos. Really wonderful!

Southern Gal said...

Your pictures and your words - perfect.

(That beautiful moth/butterfly? is scary looking up close!)

patty said...

beautiful, beautiful post... my favorite so far! fantastic pics... so clear.

Kim Hyland said...

Captivating photos. I love this line . . "the metamorphosis necessary for wings"

Elizabeth Lyng said...

I cannot get over your photos - they are amazing. I am inspired!

Unknown said...

So, when is your book coming out? Your work is good enough for print. Think about it!
Love always