***This blog has moved***

***This blog has moved***
Please click image to be redirected. Thank you!

Posted on my new blog -- Almota Roses Photography

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

More Palouse Country

Awhile back, I posted some photos of canola fields and the rolling hills of the palouse.
Here are some more images of my country....
...dried peas in the foreground and winter wheat in the background.
We do live in a land of plenty....

"Oh Beautiful for spacious skies....."

Peas and wheat....
Did you know that you can make your own gum by chewing on wheat kernels?
The gluten in the kernels forms a loose sort of gum when chewed vigorously.
The kids love it.

"...for amber waves of grain...."

"America, America... God shed His grace on thee!"

Today I'm thinking of all the blessings in my life.... and thanking the Provider.

tuesdays unwrapped at cats

Sweet Shot Day

11 comments:

Traci said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! What a beautiful part of the country I have never seen before.
Your kiddos are beautiful, er, handsome, too!

linda said...

A most wonderful post.
Thank you.

Book Lover said...

You are making me homesick with all of the fabulous Palouse photos!!

Susan said...

Your work is incredible. You truly inspire me.

I would LOVE to go there one day♥

Lizzi said...

These are absolutely breathtaking!

Janna said...

I am completely in awe of where you live--can you say "picture perfect." Your photography is just amazing--I'm always delighted to see a new post with such beautiful/artistic photographs. Thank you for sharing your gift.

Anonymous said...

Your images are so artistic & beautiful

Puna said...

Amazing photos, beautiful kids and the perfect sentiment.

Alita said...

Each time you post pictures from your beloved Palouse, I always linger for quite some time. Those shots are magnificent. I really love landscape shots. If done correctly they speak volumes. Yours definitely speak volumes!

patty said...

such gorgeous captures, truly. so crisp and clean... looks like sand dunes sometimes, and those blue skies! and i love that shot of your kiddos!

Sharon Cohen said...

God did truly, truly bless this country. Thank you for capturing the beauty He designed in your photographs. Awesome post for Tuesdays Unwrapped - and to enjoy on Wednesday!