We have a very generous neighbor across the flat that every year gives three eager boys a ride on his combine. The boys wait all summer for this short lived moment...."Is the wheat ready yet?" over and over again....
This summer they got to ride almost an hour.... boy heaven.
You can't see them here in the cab....waiting for the combine to start up again. I can only imagine how they feel.... heart thumping, pulse quickening, eyes alight with excitement.
What a good man our neighbor is... he remembers what it is like to be a boy.
A short ride in the semi was "loads" of fun, too.The semi is headed to the elevator to unload it's precious cargo.





12 comments:
WOW WOW WOWZA!!! Image number 1 is incredible!!!! The dark blue sky around the smokey dust...the color of the combine and the wheat... incredible! I love everything about this photography/ Wonderful job!
loving the combine's perspective! excellent job!
AMAZING photos. I love them all.
I cannot pick a favorite - these are all amazing! Really great job capturing harvest!
I'm loving all the John Deere. My grandpa was a chief engineer for Deere so we're big fans around here :)
Ohh such a cool way to capture this weeks theme! Love it :-)
Bee-U-Tee-Ful bluuue skies!
Happy SWF - Enjoy your weekend
Wow! These are just amazing gorgeous photos!
Beautiful! Didn't know combines could make such great photo subjects - but they do!
One of my husbands favorite memories of growing up on the farm. Combining was his dad's favorite yard. Great shots!
Love the pics!! Had to share a JD funny I came across....
John Deere used to have a slogan, in the 30's,
'We stand behind everything we sell-except the manure spreader' :)
Too bad the ad exec's wouldnt use it again!!
WOW! This photos are phenomenal (is that spelled right?). They are golden.
Post a Comment