
My roses are so beautiful right now....
really the best they've been all summer.
And although they are looking a little tattered from the wind and rain,
their extravagant scent is heady, enveloping, sweet.

And speaking of tattered....

...here is a little butterfly...

...approaching the end of her beautiful, short life...

...that stopped to eat savory nectar from an oregano flower.

More glowing dahlias.... and a tiny spider making this dahlia it's own.
Today I'm joining
Lisa and
Mary ....
Visit their blogs for more beautiful flowers and butterflies.
14 comments:
I love the photos, they are beautiful. I wish I was there to hang out and take pictures with you!
Roses were the only flowers I had at my wedding(15 years ago) When you have roses do you really need anything else?:)
Beautiful photos! That last picture of the butterfly is a-mazing!
When opening your blog, the first thought was how beautiful. Your MM and the other fotos are delighting me. Just now I make some rosesugar with some of the last roses from my garden, so I preserve a little bit for wintertime. Please tell me how can you put on your blog such big fotos? When I do that they will become unsharp.
Have a good week!
so very beautiful! and that hairy little butterfly is outstanding!
Lovely collage and the butterfly images are just excellent.
I'm speechless! These are the most beautiful photos! Thank you for sharing your wonderful talent!
~Holly
Wonderful closeups.
This is exactly what I needed tonight. Feminine and soft. Colorful and in focus. I adore these shots Wendy.
Thank you. They are like breezes of fresh Washington air.
you make beautiful pictures
a real eyecandy!
Your pictures on your blog are beautiful. I hope you have a great week. Doylene
So lovely, Wendy ... they may be a little tattered, but then aren't we all? And are we not still ... beautiful?
It saddens me so that butterflies live such a short life ... they are such delicate souls here to grace us for mere moments in our lives. I am thankful to have you in my life to capture their beauty ...
As always, your photos take my breath away.
really, gorgreous photos... it must be that time for the butterflies-i captured one, too, a week or so ago. i don't know how you find time for the roses with four little flowers of your own! :)
Incredibly GOOORGEOUS images, especially the flutterbies!!!
Post a Comment