***This blog has moved***

***This blog has moved***
Please click image to be redirected. Thank you!

Posted on my new blog -- Almota Roses Photography

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

This morning...

morning1
The neurotic dog and I went for a walk first thing this morning....
(really, she is neurotic.... she can't let any birds sit on the fence, and barks at the cows when they get close to the yard, and has a love/hate relationship with the UPS truck... and that is with anti-anxiety meds on board)

morning1-3
We are in for some nasty weather... single digits, wind, and more snow...

morning1-2
Honestly, I hope it snows a foot so that the poor plants that are beginning to think spring, will be protected from the cold.  I have tulips, daffodils, and roses starting to wake up.  A really frigid spell would set them back.

wrestling2
I suppose more cold and snow will mean more of this....

wrestling1
Good thing we like each other, or it would be a long winter.

8 comments:

Phyllis said...

Your dog looks like a red wolf. He is pretty scary looking. The fun inside the house is quite a contrast. :)

Traci said...

That landscape with the red barn is beautiful!!
I know what you mean about being set back with the weather - it happens here in the south, too.
What is it about the UPS man? My Ella goes nuts and can hear his truck several streets away.

Alita said...

Ahhh... your landscape photography always has a way of touching my very soul. I adore these. Adore!

As for the winter... it has been a long one here, too. We're on snow day #6, but it feels like #600. The snow can- go away!

Stay warm and enjoy each other. :)

Mary said...

Oh what a wonderful landscape -- you live in such a beautiful spot, Wendy! Even though I have personally had my fill of snow, I understand the need for a little insulation... I just wish I had seen some green shoots before our last snowfall. :)

And what sweet set of family photos -- you will LOVE having these to look back on when your kids get older... :)

Anonymous said...

for some reason, I'm not getting your first photo. just a little box in the middle of a big white box, but the rest are wonderful. fun shots of the family!

Wendy said...

Jillsy, I don't know what to say. I can see now and when I refresh my blog. I'm guessing it is a Flickr problem? I will try to figure it out.

Mary, I bet you have had your fill of snow! I really have no reason to complain compared to your winter! BTW, I used reflective metering (or in camera metering) for my roses photos earlier this week. I don't have a hand held meter yet. I usually spot meter, but should have changed the metering to matrix. I just adjusted the exposure for a little lower or higher depending on whether I was metering on the white or red roses. Thanks for asking!

Molly said...

Forecast for sunday is 93! You're always welcome to come visit!

Caroline said...

Just found your blog today (from Traci)...OMG! Gorgeous photos. Love the crisp high contrast feel. So nice to meet you!