***This blog has moved***

***This blog has moved***
Please click image to be redirected. Thank you!

Posted on my new blog -- Almota Roses Photography

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Wound Care 101

It's not very much fun for Walter or Mom and Dad. Luckily they have some good sedatives to help with anxiety and good pain meds. Although some of the skin is sloughing off, the tissue underneath is nice and pink. Yesterday right before I left to come home I got to help with the wound care and give Walter a bath at the same time. He was really sticky from all the medicine that he spit back out when it was forced into his mouth. I guess he is doing better today about just taking the medicine when it comes. He also walked 10 steps today! The first he has walked since Sunday. They have an excellent little therapy room for kids with a large fish tank full of tropical fish, big push carts, and lots of toys. He likes the colorful fish. He also likes all the ambulance sirens he hears day and night. He has to point out the window every time he hears one.

Here are some pictures of his wound yesterday.
We also got some good news today. The social worker came and talked to Randy this afternoon and said that since we are a "special case" they would make an exception for Winona to stay the night as long as they had a private room for Walter. Most of the time if someone called me a "special case" I might be offended! But this time I will take it and say "Thank you", and send up a prayer of thanks to our heavenly Father. So, life will be easier now. Thank you for all your prayers. I know God is listening and helping us.

Here is a picture of Walter resting with his ever present binkies and watching Dora--two of his favorites.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I pray that God will be with the doctors and with Walter during his surgery tomorrow morning. I hope you have a safe trip up to see him tonight. We keep you all in our thought daily.
Love,
Aunt Connie

Betina said...

I am thankful for good doctors. It looks like litle W will be okay in the end.

I am SO glad Winona gets to stay with you. What a load of stress off!