
We celebrated Reid's 7th birthday early because on his "real" birthday we would not be home. Reid asked for a snake cake. I went a little extemporaneous with the cake -- decided to make it a rattlesnake cake. The poor snake didn't really have a mouth--or fangs, but Reid liked it anyway. When Randy got home he thought it was a dragon, but Reid was happy and that's what counts, right?
Here are the "rattles" -- but unfortunately the rattles kinda looked like something the snake might have left behind! Maybe the next birthday cake will be more of a success. It did taste good, no matter what it looked like. I put a layer of berry jam in the lemon cake and I thought it tasted really good (for a cake).
Reid got a new knife and a Hotwheels race track for his birthday. All three of the boys had great fun with race track.

Nona ate more cake. I think she really likes cake.
No comments:
Post a Comment