***This blog has moved***

***This blog has moved***
Please click image to be redirected. Thank you!

Posted on my new blog -- Almota Roses Photography

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Please Vote-- Door Trim

I have been trying desperately to get all our house projects done so I can start sewing. Honestly, I wish I could clone myself. Then one of us could do laundry, watch kids, fix meals, and clean house, and the other one of us could do the million projects we (myself and I) have half-done. Maybe I should just be like Martha and sleep 3 1/2 hrs a night (and hire an army of workers to do my work for me). Anyway, as you can see, the trim around our front door is still unpainted (only primed). It's been this way since LAST fall. I have been planning to paint the trim a charcoal color to match the roof and the window shutters (as seen on the 2nd floor windows). So I did a mock-up of what it would look like -- and now I'm not sure. Granted, it could be something to do with my poor skills at the mock-up.



What do you think? Option #1, option #2, or option #3? (The plywood steps and falling apart front porch are to be replaced NEXT summer). Any other suggestions are welcome. It's always something.

6 comments:

Book Lover said...

Sierra and I both like the white, option 1. I think the charcoal would look good if the trim wasn't so wide, but with the beautiful wide trim we like the white.

Grandma Pat said...

I sort of like the charcoal, except that I too think it would be too much. You may need to back away and look at it with the roof & shutters showing to see for sure. So.... my vote matches Julie and Sierra's. I like the red highlights in the white.

PS: Yep, I thought that picture of Nona was a winner!

Unknown said...

I go with the white as well, the red and charcoal are too much - maybe you could do the insets of the window and below in either the red or charcoal, but not the whole thing.

Molly said...

First place = white
Second place = red
Not into the charcoal so much--I think it would feel a bit out of place for such a classic farmhouse.
Good luck on finishing all of your summer projects!

Janni said...

I like the white the best. Have you thought about a chocolate color. Something pretty dark that would resemble woodwork, maybe.
Good Luck,
Janni

Unknown said...

I like the charcoal. Dad