***This blog has moved***

***This blog has moved***
Please click image to be redirected. Thank you!

Posted on my new blog -- Almota Roses Photography

Monday, December 7, 2009

Tree Hunt

We're going on a tree hunt......gonna find a big one.........we're not scared..............


We have a little tradition of going to a tree farm about 20 miles from here to pick our Christmas tree every year. The kids greatly enjoy it. We hunt for the "perfect tree". Reid and Wyatt both had much to say about the tree selection this year. It was so funny to listen to them. They are full of sage advice and masculine brawn.

We found a good tree. It needed a little trimming. I even did the Martha Stewart thing and cut out about 1/3 of the branches. Now that was the really scary thing! It did open up the tree a lot, and you cannot tell that I trimmed any branches out at all. It took me over 2 hours to string the lights. Honestly, that chore in and of itself is enough to make me want to get one of those fake trees. That ..... and this........

This was our tree last year......the day after Christmas. I think our tree was dead even before we cut it down -- it just didn't look it yet. Pretty sad, eh? Hope that doesn't happen this year!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Getting a kitten this year? :)

Anonymous said...

Wendy... that is one Charlie Brown tree! I couldn't stop laughing!!! At least it had a good home :))))

By the way, I really LOVE your blogs new banner! BEAUTIFUL!