I have been trying to figure out what to blog on Wednesdays. I like having something different, yet predictable on Wednesdays .... makes the middle of the week special and easy. However, I am getting tired of mystery photos for now, and for some reason, wordless Wednesdays are too boring for me. Am I starting to sound like Reid yet? Bored.....tired..... So today, I am just posting some pictures of Winona Joelle Muffet, sitting on her tuffet, chewing her fingers away. She is working on upper 1st year molars. They must really bother her because she always has her fingers in her mouth, and she has perpetual red marks on her fingers from chewing on them.
These three pictures are nearly all the same ---- same lighting, same camera settings, same pre-editing in Photoshop Elements7 (PSE7). The only difference is the textures I used on them. I LOVE textures. You will see them a lot in my photos. I usually set the texture layer to "overlay" and then mess around with the opacity until I like the look. The first and last photos the opacity is set to 50%, and the middle photo the opacity is set to 76%. The first photo has a heavily patterned texture which I didn't want obscuring Miss Muffet's face, so I lassoed her face and hand on the texture layer and set the selection to Gaussian blur. The color of the texture remains, but the texture itself is gone -- only on her face and the hand in her mouth.
Which texture do you like the best?I like the first one, but I know many people like photos to be plain and simple.
Guess I'm not plain or simple....but you already knew that, right?
2 comments:
All the photos look great, as usual. I can't wrap my head around textures, but I always love yours.
I like the first one too Wendy!
It's fun making the pictures come "alive". - Love Winona's jeans!
Post a Comment