***This blog has moved***

***This blog has moved***
Please click image to be redirected. Thank you!

Posted on my new blog -- Almota Roses Photography

Thursday, March 25, 2010

All My Praise....

I really need a Thankful Thursday today.
I have too many things on my plate that need finishing these next couple of weeks and I am feeling overwhelmed and understaffed, overfed and underexercised -- tons of tax paperwork, several sewing projects looming, a kitchen oven on the blitz, sickness going around the fam, home reno projects....... why do things come all together like that?

When I feel this way, I try to remember all the things I have to be thankful for. Blogging has helped me focus on being thankful--forced me to write things down, and then been there for me to read again when I am feeling low.

So what am I thankful for today?
  1. A gas stovetop that works without electricity (the control board on our range is toast -- literally -- crispy toast).
  2. A little boy that told me (as I was wiping his bottom), "I love you, Mom. You're my friend." What a compliment!
  3. A man that surprised me by making our bed and leaving me a note under my coffee -- both of which I found after he left for work this morning.
  4. A little girl that loves to smile (esp at herself in the mirror--that cracks me up every time)
  5. Brothers that actually get along and play cooperatively more often than not -- for this I am very thankful.
  6. Little feet and toes -- aren't they beautiful?
  7. A contractor that doesn't mind (too much) when I change my mind mid-project.
  8. Flower beds blooming -- daffys, hyacinths, violets, forsythia.
  9. Chocolate (even though I have pledged myself to imbibe sparingly)
  10. And last but not least -- YOU!!! my blogging friends. Thankful for you.
But, because of my many commitments over the next few weeks (and because of spring break next week) my blogging will be a little hit and miss. There will be days I simply won't have time to post......and who knows? Maybe I'll like it that way. I might not go back to every day posting.....or..... maybe I'll miss it so much, I'll hop right back in when things settle down a bit. It's not that I have run out of things to say -- hardly! I just have too much to do right now and something's gotta give (I love the house in that movie) -- and that something is blogging right now.



This song has been running through my head a lot the past couple of days as I have felt the pressure building. And although I am not going through the valley of the shadow of death.....I still need to remember that all my praise goes to Him.
He is the sustainer of me.....thankfully.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love those little found notes? They always make my day!
~ I wish you the best of luck, my friend, with the not blogging every day bit! I had made that promise to myself too, and failed miserably! I may go a day without typing out-loud, but then the pull of the keys is like a drug. Evidently, I have more to say than I too ever thought I truly ever did! WOW~ I believe I just posted the longed comment post ever! BTW, you are my best blogging buddy, Wendy! Luv ya, bunches!

Southern Gal said...

I love how blogging forces us to put words to thoughts that dance around in our heads all day long.

Hope you get a little relief soon.
(A Lot of relief.)

I love reading your posts, but totally understand when it can't happen every day. Your blog is ultimately for you. We just enjoy the fruits of it.