***This blog has moved***

***This blog has moved***
Please click image to be redirected. Thank you!

Posted on my new blog -- Almota Roses Photography

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

enough

like the stench wafting from the newly mucked-out barn floor
my soul is laid bare
stinking
putrid
my thoughts infested with maggots


not enough
not good enough
not savvy enough
not thrifty enough
not pretty enough
not happy enough
not social enough
not skinny enough
not networked enough
not patient enough
not mommy enough
not talented enough
not.enough.

not enough time
not enough exercise
not enough prayer
not enough practice
not enough reading
not enough creating
not enough cleaning
not enough smiles
not enough tears
not. enough.


and like the lone flower
reaching up out of the barn-fresh fertilizer
i reach
i beg
i cry
i plead
please remove the stink around me or
please remove me
please...


and He says
the fertilizer will make you grow tall and strong and beautiful
I am enough

I. am. enough.


and he said to me, My grace is sufficient for you: for My strength is made perfect in weakness.
II Cor. 12:9

tuesdays unwrapped at cats

Sweet Shot Day

11 comments:

Justine said...

very pretty shots, saw you on sst

Betina said...

you + Him = always enough

Southern Gal said...

Oh, I'm struggling with the "not enoughs". Then I feel trapped since there are so MANY of them. Like I can't move. This blessed me. Thank you.

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Bertina said it perfectly! Awesome post!

Traci said...

Thanks for the reminder!
This was especially needed.

Janni said...

Sincerely touched by your post today. Thank you,

Unknown said...

Beautiful, Wendy, very beautiful! and Happy Birthday!!!

Carol Larsen said...

Breath in...breath out. There- you have all you need in this life. Thanks for being enough for all of us to cling to! You are stronger than you know!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Wendy, do I ever know how this feels ... and my heart aches for you ...but the storm does pass. Indeed, with G-d filling your your spirit you have the strength to overcome these dark moments. I wish you could see yourself the way others see you ... for you are a beautiful woman ... inside as well as out.

I see a Birthday wish is in order for you!!! :))) I wish for you a most beautiful year ... one filled with much love, happiness, and serenity. May your heart and soul find much peace ...

Wendy said...

thank you each one of you for your encouraging and loving words. i so appreciate all of my blogging friends that are ready with a kind word when I am have a rough day (or week). i have read your comments over and over and am renewed. (((hugs)))

Valerie said...

tears in my eyes.

Thank you