***This blog has moved***

***This blog has moved***
Please click image to be redirected. Thank you!

Posted on my new blog -- Almota Roses Photography

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Light in the Dark

(f22, ISO 800, 1.0sec)
Sometimes it takes the deepest darkest night.....

(f20, ISO 800, 1/6sec)
....to really appreciate the light.

(f22, ISO 800, 0.6sec)
Sometimes it takes changing your firmly held stance...

(f22, ISO 400, 1.0sec)
...to see the light in a new perspective.

(f20, ISO 400, 0.4sec)
Sometimes... finding the Light takes time... and patience....
...but always worth the wait.


Sweet Shot Day
and

Tuesday's Unwrapped at Emily's
(button is not working today)

8 comments:

Adelle said...

oh. perfect. just perfect! What a breathtaking similie to Him!

Anonymous said...

Loving these shots!!!!

Southern Gal said...

Deep breath. Then slowly taking it all in. Gorgeous.

Susan said...

Stunning!! Good things truly come to those who WAIT!!

WOW...

Traci said...

I'm going to apologize now for asking so many questions - did you use your tripod on these shots? Did you use your 105 lens for the pics at the fair? Congratulations on your winning photograph - which one won? Congratulations to your boys, too!

And sorry I didn't answer your question to me - the feather I placed on a green bench which had slats in it.

Betina said...

I love the distance shot. A++

ps- I just listened to your voice mail. I'll call you tomorrow. Your number didn't come up on caller I.D. otherwise I'd have checked it sooner and called you back.

Wendy said...

Traci-- no, I didn't use my 105mm lens, I used a lens I got a few weeks ago (trying to decide if I want to keep) -- the illustrious Nikkor 24-70 f/2.8mm. It is a sweet (yet expensive) lens.
And no, I hand held,propped myself against whatever I could, and held my breath.
The photo that won best of class was the photo with the raindrops on the grass;)

Anonymous said...

Wendy, these are fantastic! Nat Geo pics!
You are a professional, my friend! :))