Last weekend, we went to Seattle for another checkup for Walter.
His leg is doing great... they just like to see him every 6 months or so to check on his skin grafts and scarring.
We made a long weekend of it and besides visiting with family, we went to see some of the sights.
First on my list was Pike Place Market... the colors, the variety, the interesting things to be found.
The symmetry of these lights caught my eye.... as well as the ornate carvings on the pillars.
When I think of Pike Place..... I think of flowers and fish.
There are just about as many seafood vendors as there are flower vendors.
The flowers are so beautiful..... but the beheaded fish are not..... just ask the kids.
You see all sorts of things at the market....from African Greys
...to Indian sitars.
Light catching glass pumpkins...
...and snake loving punkin heads......

Things to eat....

...and things to smell.
And yes we managed to come away with all four red-heads still in tow.
(and some pretty photos ..... cause you know that is why I wanted to go.....;)
8 comments:
It's such a beautiful place, isn't it? We'll be there in early December and I hope to pick up an interesting tidbit or two for Christmas.
Looks like a cool place to visit. Your photos are so colorful. And the flowers are gorgeous!
Love it! Beautiful shots, I especially liked the glass pumpkins. You captured the light beautifully.
I love, love, love your blog! I'm a big fan of saturation and your photos are what I aspire to!
Are you using storyboards to get multiple pics side-by-side on your blog? I don't like the way mine are posting. Thanks!
those glass pumpkins are amazing!
Quite an adventure & lots to see... looks like fun! =)
What beautiful and colorful pictures. Soooo cheerful!
Cindy
I LOVE Pike Place! When I worked downtown, I frequented the marked quite a bit. I would buy lush bouquets for the weekends and always something fresh to cook up for a divine feast. It is almost like stepping into a foreign land when perusing the shops and stands. I miss it dearly!
So happy to learn Walter is doing so well! He is such a sweet little man, I adore him too! :))
Post a Comment