***This blog has moved***

***This blog has moved***
Please click image to be redirected. Thank you!

Posted on my new blog -- Almota Roses Photography

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Spilling the beans

 One of my perennial New Years resolutions is always being more healthy....
....right there with eating better, exercising more, reducing clutter, and taking time to breathe.

I've always been a runner.... running was what got me through many years of school. But lately, running has taken the last seat in the big yellow bus of my busy life..... and it shows (more than I like).  And the real problem (besides a general lack of fitness) is my abdomen....... errrrr... the "bowl full of jelly" as the boys like to call it.  I know!!! Gross!!!!!   But if I was completely honest with myself, I'd have to agree with them.  I can suck it in, but eventually I have to breathe again..... and then Plop! goes the jelly.  That's what happens when you have your abdomen stretched to smithereens 4 times and then didn't bother to do anything about it in between stretchings.  I mean, between little sleep and breastfeeding and puking 'cause there's another one on the way.... Hello?   Why would I think about sit-ups?  Yeah, yeah.... I know it's been over 2 years since the last abdomen stretching........  ;)

So I decided that it was time for an intervention.  I called up the Ab Dr...........Jillian Michaels and popped in the first dose of 30-day Shred.  No problem.  I can kick myself in the a** with the best of them. The plan:  10 days on Level 1, 10 days on Level 2, and 10 days on Level 3.  No problem.   Ha!  But let me tell ya...... now at day 3...... there is not a muscle in my body that doesn't hurt.  Not. a. one.  Who said it would take 30 days to get shredded?  Ha!  I succeeded in 3! 

Now you might be thinking..... What on earth does this have anything to do with beans?  So.... go ahead and ask..... "What on God's great green earth does this have anything to do with beans?"  Well, when you have 3 little ones underfoot (the last three that stretched your abdomen btw)  .... and I do mean quite literally "underfoot".... you have to get creative with the weights.  The Big baked beans for Momma, the Smokin' Hot chili for the middle boy, the Petite black beans for the little boy, and the Wee-wee tomato paste for the baby girl.   Oh wait!!!!  That was Momma that had to go wee-wee right after doing the jumping jacks in circuit 2.  You see..... Jillian says that she has 400lb people that can do jumping jacks, so there is no excuse for me not being able to do jumping jacks.  But let me ask you.... did those 400lb people recently have 4 stomach stretchers that just so happened to do a little bladder bashing on the way out?  Huh? HUH?  OK... just sayin'.
Yeah, Jillian and me..... my new BFF.  We're spending quality time together every day --  20 minutes..... she tells me how bad I want this.... and I huff and puff and say "Shred this, Jillian!" and "Only 27 more days, Jillian!"  ..... and "Oh, please pass the ibuprofen, Jillian ....."

5 comments:

Traci said...

Oh, good for you!! It will be so worth it...I'll be joining you on this shred as soon as I can breathe through my nose. (;

Janna said...

Oh. MY. I could have written this word-for-word (except I have 5 stomach stretchers). ;o) I began "Shred" last February, much to the delight of my audience (and all their size-appropriate cans). I've been trying to work up the gumption to start again since winter has stalled my running. Thank you for the laugh!

Southern Gal said...

I can't wait to hear how you liked (survived?) this. I've heard so many stories. Now that I'm about to be released from my doctor after surgery I'm seriously thinking of jumping back into some fitness program. Well, maybe the jumping would be too soon for my bladder...

chasity said...

ha...and pass the can of beans.
that is hilarious.

i'm working on getting back into it as well.

many many good wishes for you as you work on this goal.

chasity

Unknown said...

Ha! Ha! Your father will be proud of you!!!