...thankful to live in a home where dogs wear cowboy hats...
(although somewhat unwillingly;)

....I'm thankful for a little girl who takes mothering seriously...
...bossing the animals, brothers, and dollies as any good little mother would...
...sharing her food with man and beast and doll alike...
...and giving them lots of love, too.
(isn't that what good mothering is all about... protecting, nurturing, and loving?)

...I'm thankful for a VERY creative little boy...
...who spends hours a day cutting, gluing, coloring, painting, stamping, and more cutting...
...and like any highly creative spirit... leaves a HUGE mess in his wake...

...I'm thankful for big boys who find pleasure in helping (most days)...
(either that or motivation for getting time on the Wii;)

...but usually, they love to have a job to do, especially helping Dad...
...even if it means going out in the cold, cold, cold....

...and last but not least...
...I'm thankful for big boys that take protecting their little sister seriously....can't you tell?
(at first I was about to scold them until I saw what a tight grip Reid had on Nona...he's a warrior worrier like his Momma)
And there you have it.
What are you thankful for today?
4 comments:
I am thankful for school, a warm house, alone time and doggies who love me so much they lay on my exercise mat just to be close to me.
I am thankful for a daughter who blogs so that I can see what my grandchildren are up to and also to see how much they have grown since I last saw them.
today i'm thankful for feeling well rested after a good night's sleep.
Today, I'm thankful that the oppressive waves of depression that have been weighing me down are beginning to lift. For I can see a light at the end of the tunnel ...
Love these images ... I always felt Walter was a kindred spirit ...:))
Post a Comment