Here's another Whitman County barn. A granddaughter of the family that owned this barn for many years asked me to photograph it for memory sake. It has seen better days .... leaning a little on one side.
You may remember that it is very similar to the Buri's barn that I photographed previously..... as far as shape (and most likely age).
However, I think this one is a little smaller.... (didn't bring my Go-go gadget measuring tape).
Sky... viewed through the roof..... and weather worn siding.
(it was cold ..... bitter cold would be a way to describe it.... but the skies were sunny)
You can see the leaning here....
my focal length was 27mm so there is a little lens distortion toward the foundation as well.
I couldn't pass this shot up.... an old car and sunflare ... would be a neat location for a portrait once it is warmer..... will have to ask about it ;)

And .... just because I am a dork and have been wanting to try my hand at HDR.
(I really should have used a tripod, but I was cold and so I braced myself and hand-held the camera)
What you do for HDR -- take 3 shots -- one with correct exposure, one 2 steps down, and one 2 steps up.
Then you play in photoshop.
Next time, I'll use a tripod.
It's not for everyone or every photo, but it is interesting.
{linking up to Tricia's Old Barn Charm}
7 comments:
Very cool - beautiful sky as well...haven't tried HDR yet, thanks for sharing the tip!
Incredibly beautiful shots! I am ready to start HDR and am so excited!
Thanks for participating, Wendy, I'm always anxious to see your entries!
It's a beautiful old barn w/ lots of charm even if it IS leaning... great shots & love that sky & the HDR!
These are very cool. I love old barns! My favorite is the last, but I can see that HDR wouldn't work for just any shot, just as you said. I had never heard of this technique before...
I am glad you captured this one. Beautiful in its old age.
Beautiful old barn! It must have been a showplace in its day.
Wonderful shots...and like the hdr one.
Post a Comment