***This blog has moved***

***This blog has moved***
Please click image to be redirected. Thank you!

Posted on my new blog -- Almota Roses Photography

Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day Sentiment

Spirit, that made those heroes dare
To die, and leave their children free,
Bid Time and Nature gently spare
The shaft we raise to them and thee.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

They are dead; but they live in each Patriot's breast,
And their names are engraven on honor's bright crest.
~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

The cement of this union is the heart-blood of every American.
~Thomas Jefferson

Your silent tents of green
We deck with fragrant flowers;
Yours has the suffering been,
The memory shall be ours.
~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow


The flag of the United States has not been created by rhetorical sentences in declarations of independence and in bills of rights. It has been created by the experience of a great people, and nothing is written upon it that has not been written by their life.
It is the embodiment, not of a sentiment, but of a history.
~Woodrow Wilson

I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives.
I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him.
~Abraham Lincoln


To all who have served,
To those who gave all,
From the bottom of my heart,
Thank you.


8 comments:

Americana Lady said...

What a nice tribute! I love that you posted pictures of your family! Keep you flag-a-wavin'! Joan

Anonymous said...

Well done, Wendy ... a hauntingly beautiful tribute to the men and woman who have served our country ...

Book Lover said...

Nice photos as always Wendy. I like the quotes as well, you always have the most thoughtful things in here. Congrats on the I Heart Faces win.

Alita said...

Stunning! Those shots are stunning. I really love the flags waving at twilight hour. Divine! The pictures of your family were a wonderful touch. God bless America! God bless the men and women who fight or have fought to keep our homes and hearts safe.

Unknown said...

Totally beautiful!

K Soucy said...

Absolutely beautiful! What a wonderful tribute.

Anonymous said...

A Beautiful Memorial Post. Thank you for remembering, honoring, and reminding others to do the same.

Mary said...

Wonderful! Such a beautiful and moving tribute! Thanks so much for sharing. :)