***This blog has moved***

***This blog has moved***
Please click image to be redirected. Thank you!

Posted on my new blog -- Almota Roses Photography

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Thankful....

Are you thankful today?
Are you?

I am .....
I am thankful for this muddy little boy even though he makes lots of laundry for me...

I am thankful for these two boys who like to have their summer mohawks spiked...
and love to laugh....
and love to sneakily accentuate their muscles....
(I wonder who taught them that one?)

I'm thankful for this little girl turned fashionista in rubber boots....
who loves the mud as much as her brothers....
the white shirt is now fashionably spotted...

Yes.... I'm even thankful that we live in the country with lots of mud...
muddy boys with fun summer memories...
like chasing Mom and throwing mudballs.... RUN!!!!

But most of all, I'm thankful for this man...
who works so hard...
who loves all his children...
and his crazy wife and all her harebrained ideas.

I hope you have many things to be thankful for today.....
this makes me think of the children's worship song....
"Count your many blessings, name them one by one....see what God hath done."

5 comments:

Southern Gal said...

You have dark rich mud. Love the mohawks and your girly girl sitting in mud.

Anna K. said...

I just started following your blog, Wendy. I'm loving it!

Beautiful (and fun) photos and a beautiful post. I'm thankful for children who wake up giggling -even when I'm not- and I'm thankful for a Hubby who "gets" me...the good, the bad and the weird! ;)

Molly said...

i <3 the diptych of nona!!

also, i'm thankful for 'home' and how sweet it really is!

Traci said...

Oh, Wendy! I want to know what energy drink you drink...to keep up with those fabulous and energetic boys!!
How did he get it SO close to his eye, but not in it?
The pair of Nona shots are magical!! Love the crop and contrast!
We tried to get Jack a summer "hawk", but his hair is SO thick, it always fell and looked like a toupee!
And since I'm writing a novel here, I am thankful for you, my blogging friend! I always feel enriched and lifted when I visit here!

Valerie said...

Muddy - but their sweetness bleeds thru!
Great shots