We welcomed a new life on our farm this weekend...."Bull's Eye" (as the boys named him) was born at 9:50 AM.
(Updated: here's a link to the short video of his birth)
At 9:54 AM he was standing and searching for his first meal....he's a go getter, that one....
I am continually amazed at the tenacity of calves..... a.maz.ed
So here's the milk bar! I knew it was somewhere close by!Now, let's see... Eeenie, meenie, miney, moe...




8 comments:
Oh, he's precious and I love the name the boys picked out.
Amazing photos! I can't believe how beautifully you captured those first moments. Truly breathtaking!!
What a blessing to live near animals in such a way to experience the joys of new life!
4 minutes you say? wow - and I went for over 18 hours with my first two sons (course they were 10# and 10#10oz) My third was a peanut at 7#15oz and only took 3 hours. I know... I shouldn't compare myself to a cow ... (well maybe in someways ...)
These are wonderful photos. I especially like the 4th from the bottom. Just the look on the face - makes me wonder - what's going on in his brain. Do they think? and How do they process thoughts?
Sorry just my crazy rambling mind this morning!
Hope it is a great day for you!
Valerie
I love this post. Memories of days gone by.
Bullseye is a good lookin' fella!
Wow. Just wow. What a beautiful and exciting event! The photos are awesome!
4 minutes. I'm so jealous. ;)
My first visit to your blog and was not disappointed. What truly amazing photos of this birth. He's a beauty!
Di
Just flat-out beautiful. The miracle of life.
So incredibly beautiful! The birth and the pictures. I watched the video above and it was magical. At first I wasn't sure if I really wanted to watch it after lunch, but I'm glad I did.
What an adorable name, too.
Post a Comment